What is NLP? It is the study of how our experiences are made and what they are made of.It’s a technique that you can use to change your mind, your emotions and your body in order to take control over your life! NLP is an ever-growing collection of information and insights, that can enable you to improve how you think, behave and feel. You can use NLP to:
- Do whatever you already do reasonably well, even better.
- Eliminate negative thoughts and eliminate unwanted behavior.
- Think more clearly.
- Let go of fear and gain confidence.
- Manage your thoughts, moods and behaviors
Try This NLP Technique to Eliminate a Negative Thought or Behaviorhe Swish Pattern- Created by Richard Bandler… copied and used by many therapists…this is just a summary of his technique:
Some call it the Swish Technique, but it is just a copy of the Richard Bandler creation…The Swish pattern allows us to get rid of the feelings attached to negative thoughts and the behaviors that those thoughts create. In the Swish pattern you replace the undesired thought or behavior with a preferred thought because the Swish pattern changes thinking.
Experience it for yourselfThis is a pattern and technique created by Richard Bandler for changing your thoughts. This technique also changes unwanted behaviors…thoughts create feelings, and feelings create behaviors. Each time you use the Swish pattern you are choosing to retrain your mind and your thinking from something negative to your new desired chosen behavior and thought. By using the Swish you create the ability to think positively , control your thoughts and ‘respond’, rather than ‘react’ to a stressful situation. By doing this, you create the behaviors you want, and eliminate those you don’t want.
How to use the Swish Pattern Technique
- Determine the unwanted behavior
- Create a picture of the type of person you would like to be…a replacement picture…using again, all the senses.
- Change the visual intensity of the second picture…brightness, size and distance, making it darker.
- Bring back the old picture, #1 and step into the picture, fully associated
- Insert in the lower left corner, the small dark picture of the desired state …the replacement behavior
- Simultaneously, have the picture of the current state, #1 rapidly shrink and move to a distant corner of the other image… while the small dark image explodes into full view, quickly become bigger, brighter and colorful accompanied by a swiiissssh sound…rapidly!
- Repeat step 6 for at least 6 or 7 times …but clear your mind after each round
- Repeat the steps faster and faster
Want More Information?
Ask any questions you might have about NLP. Or simply request an appointment.