Learn Self Hypnosis
I have stated many times that all hypnosis is self-hypnosis so you may now be wondering how to do that. Hypnosis is a natural state of relaxation that we often enter several times a day. Sometimes we call it day dreaming or zoning out. A state of hypnosis is achieved when you slow down your brain activity. Hypnosis is not a coma state or an experience of being out cold. Although there are different levels or depths of hypnosis, it is not necessary to go very deep to get results. When we play music, either on the radio or with an instrument we often relax the mind in a hypnotic way. When we drive in the car we often zone out and don’t remember the trip its a kind of hypnosis. So, how can you learn to use hypnosis to benefit you in a specific way or to accomplish a specific goal?
There are many ways to begin self hypnosis and I will list a few:
1. It is always important to find a quiet place where you can be comfortable and undisturbed by phones or people. It should be in a position where your arms and legs aren’t crossed and your head can be supported.
2. Decide on a goal to work toward. The goal can be to eliminate a habit or to create a new habit. The goal can be anything that is realistic and achievable. You can write the goal down in positive terms. For example a desire to eat less should be written as; “I feel more satisfied with less food.” If you want to sleep well you should write; “ I fall asleep easily and effortlessly and wake up well rested.” Always state the goal as though it is already accomplished.
3. Focus on a spot across the room higher than eye level. Begin to breath slowly, breathe in to the count of 5, hold it for the count of 5 and release slowly for the count of 10. Imagine becoming more relaxed with each breath. After 3 of those, breathe normally without changing it and close your eyes down. Slowly count backwards from 10-1 becoming more relaxed with each number.
4. Begin to focus on and relax each part of your body beginning at your head and scalp, down your eyes and face, down the neck and shoulders, down the chest, hips and legs to the bottom of the feet. Relax the shoulders and arms, down to the fingers.
5. Focus on the goal you wanted to achieve. Begin to imagine how you will look, feel and sound after you have accomplished the goal. Continue to focus on the goal as though you have already been successful. Reinforce the image with the feelings you will have when you have achieved it. Observe any negative or blocks that might come up that could get in the way and erase or allow them to fade away and reinforce the successful feeling and repeat 3-4 times. Rub your thumb and index finger together as you enjoy the positive feelings.
6. When ready, count yourself from 1-5 in order to emerge from the trans state
The secret to success is repetition and practice! Everyday it gets easier and easier! Begin to enjoy your new positive attitudes and success!